Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum

Discuss your anxiety panic attacks or depression with other Christians. Find support from other Christians who are experiencing the same thing. Find answers. Pray and encourage one another through Jesus Christ.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Please Introduce Yourself

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

Please Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Please Introduce Yourself   Please Introduce Yourself EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:11 am

I have had anxiety for over 15 years and yet I am still convinced that I will overcome it completely. Mine is a terrible one and I have found a lot of strength through Christ and the Scriptures. I taught adult Sunday school for 10 years and I know a lot of bible. I am a truly devoted Christian. I play the piano and enjoy reading and working out. I pray that everyone finds the strength and peace they seek.
Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com
wholeandholy

PostSubject: Re: Please Introduce Yourself   Please Introduce Yourself EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:06 am

Hi all,

I have suffered from both GAD (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) and depression for over 20 years now but was not officially diagnosed until about 7 years ago after the birth of my first child.

I have much to offer and also much to learn,so I look forward to particapating within this forum.

I love God dearly and without Him I would not be typing these words.He is so kind,beautiful,and generous.

The battle continues but the victory is assured.

I look forward to catching up with you all in the forums.

Wholeandholy(A name I believe I will be one day).

ps Thank you Statesman63 for starting this forum .Numbers 6:24-26 for you brother.

Back to top Go down
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

PostSubject: Re: Please Introduce Yourself   Please Introduce Yourself EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:04 pm

wholeandholy wrote:
Hi all,

I have suffered from both GAD (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) and depression for over 20 years now but was not officially diagnosed until about 7 years ago after the birth of my first child.

I have much to offer and also much to learn,so I look forward to particapating within this forum.

I love God dearly and without Him I would not be typing these words.He is so kind,beautiful,and generous.

The battle continues but the victory is assured.

I look forward to catching up with you all in the forums.

ps Thank you Statesman63 for starting this forum .Numbers 6:24-26 for you brother.

Welcome Wholeandholy! I hope and pray that you will recover soon. And trust me, you can still be completely healed regardless of how long you have been suffering with this fear. I don't know if you read my post in the testimonial section, but after 19 to 20 years of suffering, what I believe to be the worst kind of anxiety and panic disorder, I can say that I have been completely healed. Therefore I believe that I have a lot to offer those who are still suffering, and I would like to help. I am positive that since God healed me, everyone else can be healed the same way. My anxiety was the worst. I couldn't take a single step before others without the greatest dread and awkward coordination. Now I walk with confidence, grace and peace before everyone!!!

I wish there was more interaction on this site. There was some at the beginning, but most who sign up here are pretty quiet. But I am always here to interact with you and help you if you would like. I'm hoping there will be much more interaction of the members in the future as the site continues to grow. God bless you and let me know what I can do for you! I have lots of ideas that could get you on your way to healing.
Back to top Go down
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

PostSubject: Re: Please Introduce Yourself   Please Introduce Yourself EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:51 pm

wholeandholy wrote:

And one more thing....you are holy, Wholeandholy. One of the things Jesus did for all believers was to transfer his holiness to us. He did not just take away our sins. He also gave us His righteousness. So we are not holy by our own merits. We are holy because of God's grace that through Christ, we were raised to life with Him, and we were changed. We are new creations in Christ. The old has gone and the new has come.

As far as living a holy life, sure, that will never be perfected until the next life when we are raised up new perfected bodies. We are unable to live a perfect holy life because we are in this body of flesh that only knows evil. Our spirits have been made perfectly holy and pure, but not our fleshly bodies (our brain by which we think; our hands that want to touch when God said don't touch, etc.).

But God has given us a power in the meantime to live a holy life the way He intends us to live and that power is Jesus Christ. We are not to just have faith that he saves us in the next life. We are to also carry a daily faith that he saves us daily and that he gives us his power to be overcomers in this life. When we trust in the power of Jesus, then Galatians 5:16 becomes a reality for us, "So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh." And then we can live holy lives in this lifetime. And Paul said, "Not that I have perfected it, but I press on in the power He provides me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please Introduce Yourself   Please Introduce Yourself Empty

Back to top Go down

Please Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1