Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum

Discuss your anxiety panic attacks or depression with other Christians. Find support from other Christians who are experiencing the same thing. Find answers. Pray and encourage one another through Jesus Christ.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you believe God will yet completely heal you?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

Do you believe God will yet completely heal you? Empty
PostSubject: Do you believe God will yet completely heal you?   Do you believe God will yet completely heal you? EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 4:24 pm

I am going with this faith everyday and although I've been suffering with this anxiety for about 20 years, I still have faith that I will receive a complete total healing from God. God is a God who heals. The wait does not determine if he will do it or not. The lady in Luke 13:11 was crippled by a spirit for 18 years. That was 18 years of not seeing a healing, but Jesus came and healed her. Note that it was a spirit that hunched her over. I believe that God will take away all evil spirits from me, break every curse, and forgive me of all of my sins so that I may live a life of true peace once again.
Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com
A Catholic Friend

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe God will yet completely heal you?   Do you believe God will yet completely heal you? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 6:18 am

I will leave that up to God if He wants to heal me completely. Maybe He will heal me just enough so that I will not forget others who have anxiety. Whatever His will is for me I pray that I can help others with social anxiety disorder.

God bless.
Back to top Go down
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe God will yet completely heal you?   Do you believe God will yet completely heal you? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 11:41 am

THat is an interesting outlook A Catholic Friend, and it is difficult to counter that, especially thinking of the 3 Hebrew boys who were tossed in the flaming furnace who said "But if God doesn't save us...." But my type of fear is a crippling fear, and when it comes to fear, I see throughout the bible that God commands us to not be afraid; and Jesus said my peace I give you. I don't see how God can use someone with crippling fear for his purposes when that person is too afraid to go outside. I dont' see how that could be his will to keep that person in fear when the fear is preventing the person from serving him. Here is my take on it, and I could be wrong. I think that God uses fear to call us to him, but once we get to him and repent of our sins, then he heals us so that we can serve him in peace. But God may use the fear to discipline us if we are rebellious against him, but once we submit totally to him, he heals us from it.
Back to top Go down
A Catholic Friend

PostSubject: God can heal us...   Do you believe God will yet completely heal you? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:04 am

I am not sure how God works or heals us, but I know that he does because I have seen it and have gone through it myself.

I was lost years ago, but my fears kept me from going to church and meeting new people. I was so afraid. I tried before to meet people, but I always came short.

For me it takes something to push me into things. So I did not like the way my life was so even though I was anxious I gave it a try again.

I went back to a church group. I was going to go a few times and if I didn't like it I would quit. And I almost did. But if I did I would have missed a beautiful thing that God showed me.

Then I met a spirit filled Christian friend. It was my first one at the group. She helped me to make more friends then I became less nervous and I wanted to go to all the church events. I hated to miss even one.

The group lasted for 3 years, but it was the best 3 years of my life. God gave me a way and a little courage to go back, but if I never tried I would have never have known how good it was going to be.

I can't say that it will happen the same for everyone. This is just what happened to me. I was still nervous and fearful sometimes, but the good people and the good times took most of it away. God gave me a beautiful gift and I pray he does that for other people with anxiety also. Amen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was then, this is now. Move ahead a few years to today. I went through a bad earthquake years ago and my anxiety went back up. I tried going back to church things once in awhile, but I never found a group that I clicked in. Then 9/11 came. I was nervous at times. I did my best, but I mostly did things with family.

I went to places with people I knew, mostly my brothers, but I was afraid to meet new people again. God gives everyone different circumstances and experiences. Do the best you can with what God gave you.

I was staying in the house a lot, but I wanted to start over again. So I pushed myself to go to a bible study. I was nervous at the first one, but it wasn't so bad. I had more anxiety thinking about what could go wrong, but it was a very nice first study group.

I can feel God working in me again. Things are getting a little easier each week. I don't know where God will lead me, but I won't know unless I keep going and try new things and meet new people.

I remember in grade school it was hard to get in front of people and give a book report, but I got through it. I decided one year to be in a play even though I was shy. I got through it and it was fun. It helped me a little, but I am still a shy person.

God made each person a little different and I guess I was not meant to be overly outgoing. I was meant to to be the quiet guy in school and church etc. But God can work with us whatever we are and where ever we are in life.

Also God gives us all different talents and abilities. After I get used to meeting new people again I want to use my talents to help people and to help the church group like I did before.

And as I have stated before I hope I can help at least one person in my church area go back to church, if they have anxiety like I did, but would like to be in a group again. I would have like to have had a person help me before I went back, but maybe the people I met in bible study can help me now once they get to know me.

Last year I did not think I would have gotten this far, but I feel things are changing for the better again. For the people with anxiety I say take one day at a time. Take things slow. I pray that you can find a friend to go to church with and that will help you. If not maybe you will go back one day and a new friend there will help you.

Things can change with God's help. We are not counselors, but some of us have gone through things too. If anyone is up to that point where they think they can try again then I pray that God help's you on your journey.

If you are not there yet I pray that you find a person who knows how to deal with anxiety whether it is a friend, a pastor or someone who is an expert in the field. And sometimes some people may need anxiety medicine if it applies.

Whatever category people with anxiety are in I pray you find the right path for your situation. I am also praying that more churches will help shy, nervous people come back to church because I feel like there are a lot of people out there. Hang in there and keep trying. With God's help and guidance things will get better one step at a time.

Amen and God bless.
Back to top Go down
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe God will yet completely heal you?   Do you believe God will yet completely heal you? EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:18 pm

A Catholic Friend, you sparked an idea for me. I think that some churches should have what I call a "Safe Haven Fellowship Service" for you guessed it, people who suffer from anxiety panic attacks. This service could be held after the regular church service, and after most of the members leave. One of the things that scares people who suffer from panic attacks is a crowded room of people. So it will have a few selected members who are trained to relate with people who suffer from anxiety panic attacks, and the preacher, of course would also be there. Only those who suffer from panic attacks will be invited and welcomed. There, we would have a church service with the focus being overcoming our fears and fellowshipping with other like people. It will be an atmosphere of love where no one criticizes anyone else and accepts others even if they witness someone having a panic attack. The sermons will include how to get over our fears as well as the doctrine of Christianity, that is, Christ's saving sacrifice for our sins. It would be great if that would get started and catch on throughout the country.
Back to top Go down
A Catholic Friend

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe God will yet completely heal you?   Do you believe God will yet completely heal you? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:21 am

Yes, I have been thinking of something like this too. If someone could only arrange at least one meeting to see how it goes. It could be arranged with a pastor and a Christian expert in anxiety and panic.

I have been to a seminar about Christian relationships and friendships with a guest speaker so why can't there be seminar about anxiety and how to deal with it? There has been almost every kind of seminar out there so why not?

Then the next step, like you suggested, would be the meeting in the church for people with anxiety. However it is done it should be one step at a time so the people can ease into it and there would be pressure. They should feel safe to attend or decline if they want to.

If anyone out there with the ability to put something like this together reads this I hope they can get something like this started. You have a good idea. When I have tried to start something it's hard to get people interested then my ideas get forgotten.

I need people to help me or I need to join a group that is already doing something like this. If only there was a Christian site out there that helps people accomplish their dreams or goals. I think a group to help people with anxiety and shyness is needed and so are many other groups that have not been thought of yet.

If you and others around you can start something like this I hope God guides you and helps it to become a reality.

God bless.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe God will yet completely heal you?   Do you believe God will yet completely heal you? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you believe God will yet completely heal you?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum :: Anxiety Panic Attack Disorder-
Jump to: