Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum

Discuss your anxiety panic attacks or depression with other Christians. Find support from other Christians who are experiencing the same thing. Find answers. Pray and encourage one another through Jesus Christ.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

when bad things happen to good people

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bsams

when bad things happen to good people Empty
PostSubject: when bad things happen to good people   when bad things happen to good people EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 9:39 pm

Hello friends,
I struggle at times with this topic, and realize all my struggles with it have been adding an underlying current to my anxiety and depression issues. My late husband was a kind loving Christian man who had a tragic death. I am confident that our loving God will keep his promises to him, but I find myself sometimes daily rethinking what I could have, should have done.... I had to make decisions about life support and all those things, and it haunts me still. What are the thoughts out there?
Back to top Go down
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

when bad things happen to good people Empty
PostSubject: Re: when bad things happen to good people   when bad things happen to good people EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:27 am

bsams wrote:
Hello friends,
I struggle at times with this topic, and realize all my struggles with it have been adding an underlying current to my anxiety and depression issues. My late husband was a kind loving Christian man who had a tragic death. I am confident that our loving God will keep his promises to him, but I find myself sometimes daily rethinking what I could have, should have done.... I had to make decisions about life support and all those things, and it haunts me still. What are the thoughts out there?

Hello Bsams. Making a decision about life support is one of the most difficult decisions anyone can make, but know that your husband is in God's hands and that you are not at fault at all. You have no reason to question your decision. The machines just keeps a person's lungs breathing, but if they are brain-dead, then God had called them home to be with Him already.

About bad things happening to good people, there is a great verse pertaining to that:
Isaiah 57:1, "The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil." This verse shows that to be in with God is the better place to be.

God loves you and he wants you to love yourself and to forgive yourself especially when He has already forgiven you of all of your sins. And the decision that you had to make was not a sin.

May I leave you with words from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. when he gave the eulogy for the 3 innocent girls that died in the Church bombing while they were in Sunday School. And they were in Sunday School learning about love. Here it is:

"May I now say a word to you, the members of the bereaved families? It is almost impossible to say anything that can console you at this difficult hour and remove the deep clouds of disappointment which are floating in your mental skies. But I hope you can find a little consolation from the universality of this experience. Death comes to every individual. There is an amazing democracy about death. It is not aristocracy for some of the people, but a democracy for all of the people. Kings die and beggars die; rich men and poor men die; old people die and young people die. Death comes to teh innocent and it comes to the guilty. Death is the irreducible common denominator of all men.

I hope you can find some consolation from Chirstianity's affirmation that death is not the end. Death is not a period that ends the great sentence of life, but a comma that punctuates it to more lofty significance. Death is not a blind alley that leads the human race into a state of nothingness, but an open door which leads man into life eternal. Let this daring faith, this great invincible surmise, be your sustaining power during these trying days.

Now I say to you in conclusion, life is hard, at times as hard as crucible steel. It has its bleak and difficult moments. Like the ever-flowing waters of teh river, life has its moments of drought and its moments of flood. Like the ever-changing cycle of teh seasons, life has the soothing warmth of its summers and the piercing chill of its winters. And if one will hold on, he will discover that God walks with him, and that God is able to lift you from the fatigue of despair to the buoyancy of hope, and transform dark and desolate valleys into sunlit paths of inner peace."
Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com

when bad things happen to good people
Page 1 of 1