Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum

Discuss your anxiety panic attacks or depression with other Christians. Find support from other Christians who are experiencing the same thing. Find answers. Pray and encourage one another through Jesus Christ.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Now I'm healed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

Now I'm healed Empty
PostSubject: Now I'm healed   Now I'm healed EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 10:05 pm

It took only 19 years, but I can now declare that I am healed of fear and anxiety. Before I give what freed me, I want to point out some biblical principles concerning peace and freedom from fear. God uses our fear according to His will. Either God is discipling you, or He is bringing you closer to Him through your anxiety. If anxiety were never in my life, I am convinced that I would not be as reverent as I am today. I got to the point where I knew that only God could get me through what I am going through and I completely sought Him to help me overcome my plight. For those struggling with anxiety and sin, first get rid of your sin and repent. That is absolutely the first step to achieving your goal of perfect peace.

Isaiah 48:22 says, "There is no peace," says the LORD, "for the wicked."
After Jesus healed a man, John 5:14 reads, "Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, "See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you."

I am not quoting that to scare anyone, but so that you can know what it takes to receive your healing. This does not mean that we are to be perfect. It means that we are to be completely penitent and serious about putting away our sins. Ask God for the strength and power you need to overcome your sins. 1 John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." If we are living in unrighteousness, God will veil the cure to our peace until we submit to Him.

Peace is God's promise. Psalm 85:8 says, "...[God] promises peace to his people, his saints--but let them not return to folly." It's a promise, as long as we do not return to sin.

Okay, I'll now tell you what God revealed to me that healed me: It seems that I was empowering people/others with a power that God did not give them. God revealed to me this command: "Do not empower anyone with power that God did not give them." I could write a lengthy statement about how this freed me, but I want to keep this short. Those people who I was shuddering before in their presence, had no power over me. One other statement God revealed to me that goes along with this one is: "Completely accept yourself as you would if you were at home." These two statements go together. If your anxiety even remotely resembles mine, then truely ponder these statements because they will set you free too.

Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com

Now I'm healed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum :: Testimonials-
Jump to: