Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum

Discuss your anxiety panic attacks or depression with other Christians. Find support from other Christians who are experiencing the same thing. Find answers. Pray and encourage one another through Jesus Christ.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi, I'm Paul

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Poetsword

Hi, I'm Paul Empty
PostSubject: Hi, I'm Paul   Hi, I'm Paul EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 6:40 pm

Hi. I'm kind of reaching here. I'm isolated. I am periodically attending a Christ following church, but I'm not being fed a good diet of Biblical teaching. It's mostly morality political rhetoric. I have a Bach. of Science in the Bible, but that means nothing of salvation or maturity. By faith alone are we saved. I have that hope, but to be honest I don't feel it. I know I am saved as the serpant was held up in the wilderness and all that looked apon it were saved. I have that hope. But to be honest I dont feel it. God created me as a feeler (and I know one should study to show one appoved). But I just dont have the stamina to look into the scriptures and I don't trust my own wisdom. I constintly fail. I give in to pride and lust continually. I stay awake all night some nights and feel that I am damned to hell. It's just that I believe I'm not, but I feel I am. So, in my islolation and spriitual and physical torment I reach out to anyone. Well, I really need someone who believes in what I do. That faith alone is the only thing that saves. I take precious respite in that believe. It's all I have right now. I really need for the Holy Spirit to reach out and connect me to a brother or sister who can somehow see through all the driblings and grant me a refreshing draught of the Water we share. I go on. By now if youve managed to read this far and have somehow been touched by that common bond we share...that cord that links us in a great net, webbed over so much sea of that original prideful act we all shared that left us in this state. I needed help. I was diagnosed as being bi-polar, however due to my years in mental treatment. mostly just a pill dispensrey. How can one lost in their own sin help me who is saved but struggling? I'm disabled because of it. I believe its a duet of just regular sin and cemical imbalances. i dont know. I just continue to blame myself and stay stagnent. But I dont want that, I want to feel my salvation and know it...and share it sincerely..you know what I mean? We'll I said enough. I do apologise for my spelling and length. Im really a desperate soul. And thanks for taking the time to read this. With my sincere graditude and love that can only come from Him...Paul
Back to top Go down
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

Hi, I'm Paul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Paul   Hi, I'm Paul EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 1:23 am

Hi Paul! I’m really glad you found our site. I have a good word for you!

The Christian life is about our faith in Jesus Christ. The good news is that faith is not tied to our feelings at all. The simplest definition of faith is believing that what God said is true and acting on it. We must believe it regardless of how we feel about it. We must believe it even if we disagree with it, or don’t see how it’s possible. We must believe what God said over what we see or experience what seems to be true. Believing is only half of faith. The second half that completes faith is acting on it. Faith is not just talk or mental musing. We must act on it. So when the Word tells us, “You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you,” or “With man, this is impossible, but everything is possible with God,” what we are reading from the bible is truth. And we must act on it. Truth is defined by God alone, because God is Truth. Our circumstances and experiences try to define truth for us, but that is a perceived reality, and if it goes against what God has said, then it is not truth, but a lie.

Our bodies react based on how we feel and we cannot always help that. It is natural. But our starting point must be with our faith, not how we feel. Faith is only the initial step. Faith is only the start button. We don’t get our power from faith. Faith is what we have to do. Our power comes from the grace of Jesus Christ. We access that power through the “faith button” that we have to initiate. So faith is acting on God’s truth, which means the first step is to get the truth of God. You said that you don’t have the stamina to delve into the scriptures, but that is where we get the Truth that we must have in order to distinguish the perceived lie that our bodies want to believe from the truth that comes from God who is telling it like it really is. Again, our bodies (feelings) believe in what it experiences. But truth comes from God, who is a Spirit being, therefore Truth comes from that which is not seen or experienced by the senses.

We can have faith, and not feel like it, but yet that faith accesses the power of God’s grace when we step out on it, and that power is sufficient to overcome whatever you are going through. Consequently, a person can feel like it, but not have faith, therefore, even though they feel like it, they are not empowered by God, and do not overcome. Faith is not tied to our feelings. Moses didn’t feel like he could overcome Pharaoh. He said to God send Aaron to do it. But Moses stepped out on faith, believing what God said to be true even though he didn’t feel, perceive, or experience it to be true at the time.

Feelings change. Feelings are fickle. Feelings change based on the experience. We are not to worry at all about how our bodies are reacting to the situation. We cannot really help the hand trembling, the legs shaking, the palms sweating, or even the mind racing. What we can do is act on faith regardless of how the body feels. We can trust what God said to be true and let that be our starting foundation, and then when we accumulate good days, our feelings will change and conform to what its new reality of peace is. Don’t let what you see be your starting point. Operate only from the realm of truth.

Like you said, “By faith alone we are saved.” The same is true that by faith alone we are overcomers. Faith is not just for our salvation, but it also saves us daily to overcome all difficult situations.

I will be blogging some wonderful things that I know will help you. I am an overcomer. Never thought I would be able to say that. I’ve suffered for 19 years, and NEVER thought I would overcome. God showed me how to be an overcomer through His Word. I will be blogging when I catch up on school work, but in the meantime, there are a lot of things already posted on this site that I’m sure can help you and lead to your complete healing. Believe me, God can heal you: completely.
Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

Hi, I'm Paul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Paul   Hi, I'm Paul EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:01 am

One more thing I want to say to you for now. God will heal you of your bipolar disorder. How am I so sure? Because God directly promises so in His Word. God does not promise to heal any and all illness or afflictions. Some we have to suffer with enduring patience indefinitely. Paul prayed 3 times for God to take away the thorn in his flesh and heal him. But Jesus’ answer to him was that He will not take away his thorn, but show him that when he is weak and trusting in Jesus, that he is strong and can overcome the pain of his thorn.

But when it comes to the afflictions of the mind, that is, specifically, the afflictions that block our mental peace, God directly promises to heal those afflictions.

Psalm 85:8, “I will listen to what God the LORD will say; he promises peace to his people, his saints—but let them not return to their folly.”

Isaiah 26:3, “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is stayed on thee, because he trusts in you.”

John 14:27, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives…”

1 Corinthians 7:15, “God has called us to live in peace.”

2 Thessalonians 3:16, “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way.”

Philippians 4:7, “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Hebrews 4:1, “…the promise of entering His rest still stands.”

Note that when it comes to clearing the mind, God promises to do that. He never promised to heal us of AIDS or cancer, or different diseases, though He does do that when He wills; but, when it comes to disorders that distort our peace in the mind, that, He does promise to do in our lifetime if we submit totally to His Word. For how can we serve Him well and do His calling for us if our minds are not clear? God knows we need our minds in order to serve Him and be productive in His Kingdom agenda on Earth. What I want you to see here, is that these verses are the Truth! I know you don’t feel at perfect peace that surpasses all understanding right now. But again, your feelings learn and react from your thoughts and experiences. Let God’s truth be your foundation for truth, and not what you see, feel or perceive to be true. Then you will feel at peace.

You are right now at peace because God said so. This is not a lie. You don’t feel it, yet you are, and your feelings will soon catch up to the reality of God’s Word. This is not about lying and telling yourself something you want to believe, but isn’t true. This is about knowing that God is truth, and that is the starting point from you will act.

You are at peace because you are a new creation in Christ Jesus. You are no longer who you used to be before you got saved. Jesus not only saved your soul at the resurrection, but he also purified and made perfect your spirit. We suffer from sin, not because we are not perfect. We, who are saved are perfect because Jesus changed us to be like Him. We sin because we still reside in an imperfect body that is contaminated by sin. But our spirit that is in us that used to be contaminated by sin when we were unsaved, is now perfect. Ephesians 4:24 says, “and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.” That is who you now are. You are perfect because Jesus made you perfect. God’s standard for salvation is perfection. The only way we achieve perfection is by believing in the finished work of Jesus through the cross, and he imputes His perfection on us so that we become perfect in the presence of God and are now able to abide with Him. So we must learn to live according to our new selves and stop living according to the flesh (our old selves.) Submitting to Jesus through the Holy Spirit is how we are to live and His perfection is emulated through us.
Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Hi, I'm Paul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Paul   Hi, I'm Paul Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm Paul
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: