Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum

Discuss your anxiety panic attacks or depression with other Christians. Find support from other Christians who are experiencing the same thing. Find answers. Pray and encourage one another through Jesus Christ.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi, Rose here

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rosy_posy

Hi, Rose here Empty
PostSubject: Hi, Rose here   Hi, Rose here EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 11:34 am

Hi, I'm Rose or Rosy... I have depression with psychotic symptoms. A year or so ago I lost my faith, but recently it's been coming back, and I wanted to find somewhere where there would be support for me with my illness in the context of faith, and where I'd be able to give the same kind of support. So I'm glad to find this place.
Back to top Go down
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

Hi, Rose here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, Rose here   Hi, Rose here EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 3:45 pm

Hi Rose. It's a pleasure meeting you. That's interesting that you had lost your faith for a while. I'm curious, if you feel like sharing, what happened to make you lose your faith and what happened to restore you? I'm glad you found your way back, or rather, that God brought you back.
Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com
rosy_posy

Hi, Rose here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, Rose here   Hi, Rose here EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi  Smile 

I think now that it was a result of the depression, but at the time it felt like I just woke up one morning and realised that I didn't believe in any Christian doctrine any more. It was very weird. I don't know that anything specific happened to restore my faith but I think I've felt the holy spirit working in me over the last couple of months.
Back to top Go down
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

Hi, Rose here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, Rose here   Hi, Rose here EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 8:13 pm

I'm happy for you. Whenever your faith wanes, just recount that Christianity is the only religion that has proof of its legitimacy. God included in his word proof that it is real. It is the only book that has completely accurate prophesy. God is able to tell what will happen centuries beforehand. And God reveals himself to his children personally through his Holy Spirit.

Trials such as depression and anxiety God gives us to humble us, break us to his will, and to keep us from being self-sufficient and rely on him only. James 1:2-4 says that trials develop our perseverance. Paul said, "To keep me from becoming conceited, God gave me a thorn in the flesh." We have to realize that our trials are opportunities to coming closer to God. They are a necessary part of our development. Therefore never let a trial be the reason for turning away from God. They are designed to bring us closer to Him, to call on Him, rely on Him and receive his restoration. It is only when we learn from the trial that God is finished with the trial and is ready to remove it from us. God wants us to live in peace, but since sin keeps us from His fellowship, He uses trials to discipline us and bring us back to Him. Again, James tells us to rejoice in the trial. We may be suffering, but God wants us to rejoice until our change comes. Thank God for the good things and praise Him while we wait for our change to come. Rejoice always; and be thankful always even in the midst of difficult trials. That's how God wants us to respond to the trials He allows in our lives. He wants us to repent, be humble, and continue to trust in Him and open our ears to what He is trying to teach us in our trial.
Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com
rosy_posy

Hi, Rose here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, Rose here   Hi, Rose here EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 5:22 pm

Ye-es, I see your point. But if you don't believe, you just don't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi, Rose here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, Rose here   Hi, Rose here Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi, Rose here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: