Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum

Discuss your anxiety panic attacks or depression with other Christians. Find support from other Christians who are experiencing the same thing. Find answers. Pray and encourage one another through Jesus Christ.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spiritual Catharsis--A powerful technique

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

Spiritual Catharsis--A powerful technique Empty
PostSubject: Spiritual Catharsis--A powerful technique   Spiritual Catharsis--A powerful technique EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:13 am

Please try this to help overcome your fears and anxiety. It helps me a lot. I call it spiritual catharsis. Take all the bible passages you can find that talks about giving you peace and power. Type them all on a single Word document. Change the pronouns, such as "God gives you peace" to make it personal, "God gives ME peace." Or you can even insert your name there... "God gives Statesman63 peace." Don't bother writing the chapter and verse, just write what the verses say so you can read them all like God wrote you a story just for you. Then print it out and read it out loud several times a day and meditate on it. Make sure you read it out loud because the spoken word is more powerful than a non-spoken word. Here is my Catharsis page I did for myself of all the peaceful, power-giving verses I found. Some of the spots I have my name inserted there, but I'm editting it out for the sake of posting here. You can feel free to use it for yourself. It's a lot, but it all fits on a single Word document page if you fiddle with the margins and font. Here it is:

[Edit- See the updated one down below.]

Catharsis Page—All Scriptures

The Lord is faithful to all his promises. God cannot lie. Whatever promises God has made, they are all yes in Christ. Therefore you will lift up your face without shame; you will stand firm and without fear. You will surely forget your trouble, recalling it only as waters gone by. Life will be brighter than noonday, and darkness will become like morning. You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and feel completely safe. You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid and many will court your favor. Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. You are being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully give thanks to the Father. You are filled with power, with the Spirit of the Lord, and with justice and might. God promises peace to his people, his saints. The Lord is faithful to all His promises. All God’s words are true. May the Lord of peace himself, give you peace at all times and in everyway. Jesus says, “Peace I leave you; my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. I give true peace. [I have true peace.] Great peace I give you who love my law and nothing can make you stumble. So when you walk, your steps will not be hampered; and when you run, you will not stumble. [There will be no fear in my walk. I will walk gracefully.] I will give you every place where you set your foot. [You can go anywhere. There is no fault in any step you take and you can fully accept every step taken.] I will bring you out into a spacious place. The Lord makes your steps firm. He will not let your foot slip. You will walk about in freedom. It is for freedom that Christ has set you free. You were called to be free. So live as a free man. Let the peace of Christ rule in your heart. In the name of Jesus, Satan is rendered helpless, powerless, and ineffective against my life. Satan has no power over my life because the blood of Jesus covers me. Through faith, I am shielded by God’s power. Jesus says my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. I arm you with strength and make your way perfect. I make your feet like the feet of deer and enable you to stand on the heights. You believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy. Do not be afraid; you will not suffer shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. [Do not fear an insult; it has no power over you. Give no thought to another’s potential thought.] You will forget the shame of your youth and will no more remember your suffering. You did not receive a Spirit that makes you a slave again to fear. I did not give you a spirit of fear. I gave you a spirit of power, of love, and of a sound mind. Perfect love casts out all of your fear. Love never fails. Love yourself. Do not be anxious about anything. Cast all of your anxiety on me because I care for you. I will repay you for the years you have lost. I will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy. I am renewing your mind. Live by faith and you will stand firm. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. You are strong in the Lord and in the power of his might. Do not fear the hatred of men or be terrified by their insults. I will make you as unyielding and as hardened as they are. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day. Everything is possible to you when you believe. You are able to do all things through Christ who gives you strength. Nothing is impossible to you when you believe. Stop doubting and believe. The Lord is faithful to all of these promises. Your faith has healed you, go in peace and be freed from your suffering. Now go, it would be done just as you believed it would. Be glad and rejoice before me; be happy and joyful. Rejoice evermore. I have seen your ways, but I will heal you; I will guide you and restore comfort to you. And my God will supply all of my needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus. “Peace, peace to you,” declares the Lord, “And I will heal you.”

Last edited by Statesman63 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com
1Peter5:7

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Catharsis--A powerful technique   Spiritual Catharsis--A powerful technique EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:00 pm

Our God is a great God. I certainly need to love my Savior and King Jesus Christ more. I feel very guilty that I struggle with being a slave to fear.
Back to top Go down
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Catharsis--A powerful technique   Spiritual Catharsis--A powerful technique EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 3:14 pm

1Peter5:7 wrote:
Our God is a great God. I certainly need to love my Savior and King Jesus Christ more. I feel very guilty that I struggle with being a slave to fear.
I don't think that our fear is something that we should feel guilty or ashamed of. Feeling that way may feed into the fear more. I think that God completely knows what we are going through and that He is helping us to overcome it every step of the way. He gives us a spirit of power, love and of a sound mind when we walk closely with Him and he breaks our bondage to fear.
Back to top Go down
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Catharsis--A powerful technique   Spiritual Catharsis--A powerful technique EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:47 pm

I want to give my updated catharsis page, which is better than the first. I changed most of the personal pronouns from second person to first, and added a few more scriptures. Again, state these out loud everyday to help overcome your stronghold of fear:

The Lord is faithful to all his promises. God cannot lie. Whatever promises God has made, they are all yes in Christ. Therefore I will lift up my face without shame; I will stand firm and without fear. I will surely forget my trouble, recalling it only as waters gone by. Life will be brighter than noonday, and darkness will become like morning. I will be secure, because there is hope; I will look about me and feel completely safe. I will lie down, with no one to make me afraid and many will court my favor. Do not be afraid. Stand firm and I will see the deliverance the Lord will bring me today. I am being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that I may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully give thanks to the Father. I am filled with power, with the Spirit of the Lord, and with justice and might. God promises peace to his people, his saints. The Lord is faithful to all His promises. All God’s words are true. Jesus gives me life to the fullest. May the Lord of peace himself, give me peace at all times and in every way. Jesus says, “Peace I leave you; my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. I give true peace. [__Your name __has true peace.] Great peace I give you who love my law and nothing can make you stumble. So when I walk, my steps will not be hampered; and when I run, I will not stumble. I will give you every place where you set your foot. I will bring you out into a spacious place. The Lord makes my steps firm. He will not let my foot slip. I broke the bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk with your head held high. I will walk about in freedom. It is for freedom that Christ has set me free. I was called to be free. I know the truth, and the truth has set me free. So live as if I’m free. Let the peace of Christ rule in my heart. [In the name of Jesus, Satan is rendered helpless, powerless, and ineffective against my life. Satan has no power over my life because the blood of Jesus covers me.] Jesus, who is in me, is greater than he who is in the world. Through faith, __Your name __ is shielded by God’s power. Jesus says my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in your weakness. I arm you with strength and make your way perfect. I make your feet like the feet of deer and enable you to stand on the heights. And I know the plans I have for you—declares the Lord—plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. I will repay you for the years you have lost. I will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy. I believe in Him and am filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy. Do not be afraid; I will not suffer shame. Do not fear disgrace; I will not be humiliated. [Do not fear an insult; it has no power over me. Give no thought to another’s potential thought.] I will forget the shame of my youth and remember my sufferings no more. I did not receive a Spirit that makes me a slave again to fear. God did not give me a spirit of fear. God gave me a spirit of power, of love, and of a sound mind. Perfect love casts out all my fear. Love never fails. I love myself. There is no fear in love. Do not be anxious about anything. Cast all of your anxiety on me because I care for you. I am renewing your mind. Live by faith and you will stand firm. The Lord will fight for me; I need only to be still. The Lord will help me; I will not be afraid. I believe I will have whatever I ask for through prayer. I am strong in the Lord and in the power of his might. I will stand, for God is able to make me stand. Do not fear the hatred of men or be terrified by their insults. I will make you as unyielding and as hardened as they are. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day. I will make up my mind beforehand to not worry. I am more than conquerors. Jesus says, “I will never leave you; never will I forsake you.” So I am able to do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Everything is possible to me when I believe. Nothing is impossible for me when I believe. Stop doubting and believe. The Lord is faithful to all of these promises. Be glad and rejoice before me; be happy and joyful. Rejoice evermore. Your faith has healed you, go in peace and be freed from your suffering. Now go, it would be done just as you believed it would. I have seen your ways, but I will heal you; I will guide you and restore comfort to you. And __Your name’s God will supply all of __Your name’s needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus. To him who is able to keep me from falling and to present me before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy: “Peace, peace to you,” declares the Lord, “And I will heal you.”
Back to top Go down
shellsy

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Catharsis--A powerful technique   Spiritual Catharsis--A powerful technique EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:01 am

Thank you for sharing that Statesman...what a powerful script. I'm planning to read through this every morning to help give me strength.

Thanks for the tip.

Shellsy flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Catharsis--A powerful technique   Spiritual Catharsis--A powerful technique Empty

Back to top Go down

Spiritual Catharsis--A powerful technique
Page 1 of 1