Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum

Discuss your anxiety panic attacks or depression with other Christians. Find support from other Christians who are experiencing the same thing. Find answers. Pray and encourage one another through Jesus Christ.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Desperate Cure for Panic Attacks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

A Desperate Cure for Panic Attacks Empty
PostSubject: A Desperate Cure for Panic Attacks   A Desperate Cure for Panic Attacks EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 4:39 pm

I didn’t type much today. I’m getting right to the point. This is for those of you who are in the darkest hour of anxiety and are screaming for some relief. I know what that darkest of anxiety and panic attacks feels like. You feel hopeless and overwhelmed. You feel like your panic attacks have won and have drained out all of your strength. You need something right now that will help get you out of this never-ending revolving door of darkness, and to stop the scratched record of negative thoughts from repeating over and over again in your mind.

For immediate and empowering relief; and for an amazing peace that you have not experienced in ages, I suggest the reader do the following:

What anxiety daily does to you, do to anxiety. Anxiety constantly pumps a constant barrage of negative thoughts into your mind. Right now, take the Word of God, and constantly pump positive thoughts of Scripture into your mind more than the rate of anxiety pumping negative thoughts into it. Choose the verses that contradict your common experience of anxiety. Take every passage in the bible that contradicts your current existence. If you are struggling with panic attacks, a good example that applies across the board is “I can do all things in Christ who strengthens you.” I know there is the tendency in the back of our minds to dismiss certain verses that seem too surreal to us. Certain Scriptures seem out of reach. We read it and think, “I sure wish I had that”, and wonder what we are doing wrong to obtain it and make it a reality in our lives.

Since negative thoughts like to repeat in your mind throughout the day, repeat the Scripture verses both in your mind and aloud. Say each verse 10 times. “I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.” “I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me…” And, for this particular verse, you can emphasize various words each time for different affects. First emphasize the first “I”: I can do all things… Then emphasize the word “can”. Then emphasize the word “all”. Then, and the best one, emphasize the words “Christ who”. Finally emphasize the word “me”. And if you are using one of the other versions, emphasize the word “gives” as in, “who gives me strength.” This verse is just an example. Go through the bible and pick out the verses that directly relate to your panic attack. That means you have to first diagnose what triggers your panic attacks so that you can choose the Scriptures that say the direct opposite to the thoughts or triggers that your panic attacks try to speak to you.

If you’re a Christian, then all empowering verses apply to you. Satan will try to keep you focused on the opposite of whatever verse you choose to combat the panic attacks. So if you choose to use the verse: “I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me,” Satan will try to point out in your mind your deficiencies. Satan will try to take your mind off of what God says and direct it to your experiences or negative thoughts of defeat. So when you focus on Scripture, don’t fall into Satan’s trap of thinking of opposite of what the Scripture is saying. Focus on the truth of what God is saying even if you don’t know what that feels like. Satan wants to get us to basically call God a liar. Start with the premise of God’s Word as Truth regardless of your daily experience. If the bible says that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you, then that is the Truth. Again, recite the Truth constantly out loud so that the Truth will eventually dominate over the negative thoughts that combat it.

Prayer is extremely important. If you can find someone to pray over you that would be excellent. James 5:14 says, “Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord.” Since the Church is not a building, but rather, we are the church, this means you can go to a seasoned Christian whether or not they are located inside a church building. Through prayer, God will apply His supernatural power to your personal situation. His response may be to directly cast out fear spirits and free you completely. Or, His response may be to give you knowledge on how to live empowered, knowledge that you did not have before and that applies specifically to you. God did not cast away Paul’s demon from him. Instead, Jesus gave Him empowering knowledge when He said to Paul, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness.”

I’ll share some answers given to me through prayer, specific to my situation. It may or not make sense to you, depending on whether my panic attacks work the same as yours. Always be in the forward mindset. The fear of anxiety seeks to stop a person. It seeks to cancel a thought of intended action. Always think with a forward mindset without giving fear an opportunity to halt you. Take confidence wherever you go. God gives you confidence. He gives you victory in your confidence. The people who are behind you are there to heal you, not ridicule you. No one’s thoughts can harm you.

The help I offered today assumes that the reader has addressed his or her sin. I have posted in this forum how to overcome your sin. I am not talking about sin in general, but rather, I am referring to rebellion to God. If rebellion is the root cause of the panic attacks, God will block the cure or help until the root cause is addressed.

Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1