Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum

Discuss your anxiety panic attacks or depression with other Christians. Find support from other Christians who are experiencing the same thing. Find answers. Pray and encourage one another through Jesus Christ.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone have good alternative depression treatments?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bishvabis

Anyone have good alternative depression treatments? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have good alternative depression treatments?   Anyone have good alternative depression treatments? EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:19 pm

For the past 2-3 months, I've been feeling a pretty significant relapse into clinical depression (for example, PHQ-9 score of 16 or 17 every time I do it). In the past, I'd take medication to temper it. But, they had really bad side effects, and also got to be expensive. My insurance isn't too great.

Therapy is far too expensive, so I can't go that route.

Anyone have any worthwhile alternative solutions to treating clinical depression?
Back to top Go down
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have good alternative depression treatments?   Anyone have good alternative depression treatments? EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 8:06 am

The solutions I gave throughout this site for anxiety, apply to depression as well. One great technique that will help is searching scripture for all the peace giving verses; write them all on the same page, and meditate and recite them aloud everyday until they become a part of your natural thinking. It works because God's word is living and active.
Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com
rosy_posy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have good alternative depression treatments?   Anyone have good alternative depression treatments? EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 5:25 pm

This is a really old topic, but I thought I'd reply in case other people have similar problems.

There are two things I've found really useful. One is the practice of mindfulness, which is about seeing thoughts as events that come and go in our minds, rather than necessarily allowing them to control us. It's hard work, but I've found it incredibly rewarding.

The second thing is exercise. My psychiatrist actually said he would recommend exercise as being equally as important as medication in combating the effects of depression. And since I've been exercising regularly I've had a huge improvement in how I feel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have good alternative depression treatments?   Anyone have good alternative depression treatments? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone have good alternative depression treatments?
Page 1 of 1