Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum

Discuss your anxiety panic attacks or depression with other Christians. Find support from other Christians who are experiencing the same thing. Find answers. Pray and encourage one another through Jesus Christ.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Describe how your anxiety affects you (Know you are not alone)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

Describe how your anxiety affects you (Know you are not alone) Empty
PostSubject: Describe how your anxiety affects you (Know you are not alone)   Describe how your anxiety affects you (Know you are not alone) EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 2:48 pm

Mine is somehow attached to the way I walk in public. It does not affect me at home or in what feels like "safe places" or amongst "safe people." It affects me when I'm around peers near my own age or younger people. When it comes on, it makes me walk awkward and uncoordinated, and I am not able to control it, but when I get to a "safe place," then it goes away and I am okay again. I've suffered from it for years, but I am now coming to a stage where I am accepting healing from God through Jesus Christ. I repented of all my sins and am constantly praying for healing and I see God making changes in my life.
Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com
1Peter5:7

Describe how your anxiety affects you (Know you are not alone) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Describe how your anxiety affects you (Know you are not alone)   Describe how your anxiety affects you (Know you are not alone) EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:58 pm

I know what you mean by safe places and safe people. The reality is there are no safe places. I believe this is a deceptive way of taking your focus off of Jesus.

Mine is more Health Anxiety. Thinking that something is wrong with me health related, which there isn't and never has been. For whatever reason it gets worse when I try to draw closer to Jesus.

It effects me because I want to stay home rather than go out to places. It happens less at home, so instead of having to go through the anxiety/panic I just choose not to. Very crippling. I can distract my mind at times, then it goes away. However, that is a short term answer. The ultimate answer is going to be Jesus Christ.
Back to top Go down

Describe how your anxiety affects you (Know you are not alone)
Page 1 of 1