Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum

Discuss your anxiety panic attacks or depression with other Christians. Find support from other Christians who are experiencing the same thing. Find answers. Pray and encourage one another through Jesus Christ.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What are some of your coping mechanisms?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

What are some of your coping mechanisms? Empty
PostSubject: What are some of your coping mechanisms?   What are some of your coping mechanisms? EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 2:59 pm

I have to pray every day and night and that helps alot.

Also, I came up with a big black Jesus vault where whatever negative thought comes to mind, I insert it into the big black vault and Jesus takes it upon himself so that I don't have to deal with it anymore. That way, it keeps those negative thoughts from replaying over and over and over again in my mind, which makes me worse off. So whenever I hear someone make a comment about how awkward I walked (due to my anxiety), I don't dwell on it, I put it into my big black Jesus vault and move on.

I have to accept all hiccups I make (or little mistakes). Again, I can't dwell on negative things, even mistakes I make. I have to come to accept and allow for small mistakes to happen.

I realized that there are mental attachments that I make to peers or young people where as I am walking by, my mind leaches onto the person and then I am seeing myself through thier eyes and critiquing myself as I imagine they would be critiquing me. This makes me feel like I am on stage performing and all eyes are on me. My coping mechanism is to realize this and break all mental attachments by accepting everyone's presence and keeping my own perspective of myself, not worrying what someone else is thinking about me.

I go not seeking approval from anyone. I also go not looking at other's peace and comparing to my lack of peace because that is not how to gain peace of your own. You must accept the peace that God gave YOU.

I put on my whole armor of God everyday because this is a spiritual battle we are facing. The bible says that the shield of faith we use puts out ALL the flaming arrows of the evil one. And then we can go on the offensive and attack him with the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. We must protect our minds with the helmet of salvation, and our hearts with the breastplate of righteousness, and be swift in reacting to the evil one by putting on our feet the readiness of the Gospel of Peace. And we must thwart every lie Satan whispers in our ears by keeping on the belt of Truth. With these tools, we will be totally equipped for the day to fight and be protected in this spiritual battle. We will have God's protection.

Finally, I am always reasserting my confidence. I am reasserting my place amongst society and I realize that peace only resides amongst them--not behind the safe walls, in isolation in my home, but--it resides in the presence of those whom my fear tries to assert itself. I go reclaiming my peace while amongst them and reasserting my confidence. God gave us peace. We must claim it.

Last edited by Statesman63 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com
bsams

PostSubject: Re: What are some of your coping mechanisms?   What are some of your coping mechanisms? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Awesome post! We all should feel empowered by the love and peace that God gives us all. I pray it be so with you today statesman.
Back to top Go down
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

PostSubject: Re: What are some of your coping mechanisms?   What are some of your coping mechanisms? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 9:49 pm

bsams wrote:
Awesome post! We all should feel empowered by the love and peace that God gives us all. I pray it be so with you today statesman.
Thank you bsams for your prayer! I am praying for you too and for everyone on this site to overcome their fears through the power of Christ.
Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are some of your coping mechanisms?   What are some of your coping mechanisms? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are some of your coping mechanisms?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum :: Anxiety Panic Attack Disorder-
Jump to: