Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum

Discuss your anxiety panic attacks or depression with other Christians. Find support from other Christians who are experiencing the same thing. Find answers. Pray and encourage one another through Jesus Christ.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bdif2

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Hello   Hello EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:53 am

Wow, this is very hard for me. I am a 38 year old single woman that thought she was a strong woman in Christ. I have learned that I have this situation since Memorial day of this year. It seems like its mostly health fear that I have. I am afraid of dying, having a heart attack or something. it brings my anxiety on more. But I have also notice the closer I "try" to get to God the more feelings come upon me. I am so embarrassed and disappointed in myself. I ask for prayers for me as I pray for you. Sorry that I am this way and you had to hear about it...
Back to top Go down
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:43 am

There is nothing to be embarrassed or disappointed about. Medically, anxiety is just a chemical imbalance in the brain. Spiritually, it stems from Satan and sin—and not necessarily your sin, but Adam’s sin that was transferred to all of us. The spiritual cause is the true root cause, which caused the chemical imbalance. Nothing to be ashamed of or disappointed in. Rather, to be knowledgeable of the cause, one can gain an understanding of the techniques to fight against it and become victorious. Jesus is the answer to all sin, even Adam’s that was transferred to us. Jesus heals us at the root of the issue, and he heals us completely from all anxiety.

Pray that God opens your eyes to see Jesus and the truth of His Word. The bible says that God promises peace to His people, His saints. Jesus says, “Peace I leave you. My peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. I give true peace.” Search out all of the peace giving scriptures in the bible and meditate on their truth. Pray that God opens your eyes to dispel the lie that you are a failure. Pray that God reveals all lies to you so that you can know that they are lies and not accept them as truth. And pray that God takes away all the power in the lie. The only weapon Satan has over the people of God is his lies. He tries to make his lies seem real so that we accept them as truth. But he is all deception with no power. Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.

Coming closer to God may initially seem to bring on the fear more. It happened to me many times. But trust me, God will win out in the end. The reason fear comes on stronger is because we are in a spiritual battle. Satan is attacking. His demonic forces don’t want you to experience peace. Ephesians says that our battle is not against flesh and blood, but is an angelic one. We cannot fight against angels because they are stronger than us. But evil angels do not stand a chance against Jesus, therefore we have to stay close to Him and submit to Him. And we have to equip ourselves with the armor of God because Satan has no power over that. The closer you stay with Jesus, the quicker your healing will come.

And lastly, you will find strength when you stop "trying." Jesus says that when we are weak is when we are strong. When we transfer our ineptness to Him, He takes over and demonstrates His strength, and then we are much stronger than we would have been in our own strength. The Christian living is a life of submission to God's strength. Paul tells us to put no confidence in the flesh (in Phillipians). We are to put our total confidence in Jesus and He gives us sufficient strength. He wants us to live by this faith and not try to do it on our own. We cannot live the Christian life. Only one person lived the Christian life and that is Jesus. We are to die to sin and the flesh, and submit to the life He lives through us.

Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com

Hello
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: