Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum

Discuss your anxiety panic attacks or depression with other Christians. Find support from other Christians who are experiencing the same thing. Find answers. Pray and encourage one another through Jesus Christ.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm second

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Iridisis

I'm second Empty
PostSubject: I'm second   I'm second EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:59 pm

Thank you for starting this forum. I have had anxiety as long as I can remember, with the last few years being particularly bad due to the economy. Christians need to grow in their awareness and learn not to give "pat" answers or toss a scripture and expect that to make everything all better. I have received little to no support from other Christians.
Back to top Go down
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

I'm second Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm second   I'm second EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:52 pm

Iridisis wrote:
Thank you for starting this forum. I have had anxiety as long as I can remember, with the last few years being particularly bad due to the economy. Christians need to grow in their awareness and learn not to give "pat" answers or toss a scripture and expect that to make everything all better. I have received little to no support from other Christians.
Welcome Iridisis! The thing about this site is that not only are there other Christians to help, but Christians who know exactly what you are going through. It is really difficult to express what anxiety is like to someone who never experienced it. They just don't understand. My anxiety disorder made me look at all scripture in a new light and make it all applicable to what I am going through. I now meditate on Scripture, making the verses real to me and it helps and works really well.
Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com
thegreatone

I'm second Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm second   I'm second EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:03 pm

I can see how the economic crisis can make one anxious. What might help is to remember that as long as you are alive, God has something for you to do. He did not put you on Earth to starve in the elements. God will provide, and make a way for you to be able to carry out your calling. He is able to help you, even when trials and tribulations come up. We just have to keep our eyes on Jesus. The economic situation might be here to help us trust in God, gain patience, be thankful for what we have, plan for the future, make us stronger for future situations that might come up, and to learn to help others who are going through the same things we are going through. Quoting a verse does not make things better, as you say. Carrying each other through life situations as brothers and sisters is what will help. One way to find a support group is to join a church that has members who will be there for you because they genuinely care. The first thing to look for in a church is a pastor who preaches Jesus. Then see how welcoming the members are. May you be blessed in the Lord.
Back to top Go down
1Peter5:7

I'm second Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm second   I'm second EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:58 pm

Just remember, in 100 years no one is going to remember this recession, the health care initiative, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm second Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm second   I'm second Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm second
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: