Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum

Discuss your anxiety panic attacks or depression with other Christians. Find support from other Christians who are experiencing the same thing. Find answers. Pray and encourage one another through Jesus Christ.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My introduction

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MY_PHYSICIAN_IS_JESUS

MY_PHYSICIAN_IS_JESUS

My introduction Empty
PostSubject: My introduction   My introduction EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:13 pm

Hi! I am happy to find this wonderful group of Christians who understand anxiety and depression. I feel God has led me here. I have suffered many years with depression and anxiety. Twelve years ago I began having panic attacks and not long after I developed agoraphobia. My faith is strong and one day I will walk out of this house with my Lord beside me. When that happens I hope to help others who are also suffering from this terrible illness. God be with all of you and give you strength for just this day, for just this hour, or for just this moment. God bless you.
Back to top Go down
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

My introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: My introduction   My introduction EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:26 pm

Welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy it.

One thing I would like to share with you that God revealed to me that attributed to my healing is that NOBODY has the power that you have attributed to them. Here it is: Do not give power to anyone, power that God did not give them. Satan wants you to empower everyone over yourself. He wants you to think that they have a special power, but they don't have it. So empower nobody. Since God did not give them this type of power then they don't have it.

Secondly, you must come to see that you must empower yourself with the legitimate power God gave you. Do you know that we are seated with Christ in the Heavenly places right now according to Ephesians? That means that we are in a position of authority. Jesus has everything under his feet and he is seated on the right hand side of the Father in Heaven. And you are seated with Him through your faith in Him. To know your identity in Christ is to know your power over your circumstances. Your problem is under your feet--not because you have power, but because the one you are seated with has all power. Jesus said "Then you will know the truth, and that truth that you know will set you free." When you know the truth of your new identity in Christ, you will be set free from you anxiety just as I have. Go over my earlier posts and you'll see how bad my anxiety was.

Thirdly, by virtue of our new identity in Christ, we have access to God's power of grace. Grace is not some idle term to throw around that means nothing. Grace is the Christians power that God gives to every believer in Jesus. Grace is God doing for you what you are unable to do for yourself. But it takes emptying ourselves of ourselves and our own efforts to access God's grace of Him doing it for us. It is stepping out on His power. It is first realizing and confessing our own inefficiency of our own fleshly strength and putting on Jesus' strength. So what GOd will do when we step out like this is He will take over. And you will see power that you didn't have before.

Before going out on grace confess your sins. Repent and ask God to let his power of Grace keep you from sinning again. He will do that for you. Grace is our power for everything, including overcoming a sin we couldn't get rid of by our own effort and will power. And then grace will give you the power to overcome your anxiety.
Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com
GodsRose

My introduction Empty
PostSubject: Welcome!!    My introduction EmptyWed May 30, 2012 12:35 am

You can do all things through Christ whom strengthens you. Philippians 4:13 is my life verse and I hope it encourages you. I have been able to leave my house and believe me there were months and months where I felt so isolated that I felt trapped in my own home. Your not alone. Let me encourage you to continue looking to God to be your strength and your everything! God used my parents and my family to get me out more and it was a hard and difficult time but now I have been freed. I go out more often and I have found a healthy balance and have had a lot of prayers and a lot of people come by my home and help me to stop isolating. God's Word will encourage you and he will continue to do a mighty work in your life. I just had to share with you my story. Hope your encouraged to keep on trying. God is good and he is faithful to meet you now. He will help you. Keep looking to Him!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: My introduction   My introduction Empty

Back to top Go down

My introduction
Page 1 of 1