Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum

Discuss your anxiety panic attacks or depression with other Christians. Find support from other Christians who are experiencing the same thing. Find answers. Pray and encourage one another through Jesus Christ.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

self introduction

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Love<3

self introduction Empty
PostSubject: self introduction   self introduction EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 10:35 am

Hello,
I google this site today in hopes of some help relief from my anxiety. I must say it was helpful to relize that I am not the only one that struggles with things like this. Although my fears are different. A little background is that I have not always struggled with anxiety. I am 25 years old and the last severe attack that I can remember was about 4 years ago in college. It wasnt really an attack but more a bout of anxiety that lasted for almost the whole month of January, about very unrealistic fears. It scared me a lot as I have never experienced something like it before. I was afraid to share because I thought I was going crazy. I still think that sometimes...Sad I am not sure of the onset of the anxiety. This time around, I think it could be related to some stresses in my life although the fears I face have nothing to do with the actually problems. I have Crohns desease, and so I take the medication Humira. Though it is difficult for me not to have fears about taking this injection, I can usually control these okay. Recently I made a move from my apartment because of a bad roommate situation and am also having my limphnodes biopsied next week for a possibly case of limphoma (very scary:( ).
Oddly from the fears that seem logical (fear of cancer fear of health concerns) I am able to control almost always. I am having very unrational fears that even now I am afraid to share. They are dark fears like what if my life doesnt ever mean anything or what if I physically hurt someone because I am crazy. I know it is a strange fear and I think it could be brought on by all the horribly things on the media (murders, shootings ect.) in which most cases the say its insanity. I know that I would never hurt anyone because the truth is I love people so very much. I know its an irrational fear and that somehow satan is using it to bring me down. I dont want anyone to think I would actually do anything horrible but its like I have trouble contoling the fear so bad that I feel I am crazy or that I will explode because its so real to me and I cant seem to control my thoughts. I dont know if anyone has experienced anything like this before. I dont know if I need medical help for it or if it could be caused by the many recent stresses in my life. I love the Lord with my whole heart and my desire is to live for him. I have talked with my mom about this all and she is trying to help me control the fear and anxiety I am feeling about unrational things. I am very loved by many people in my life but feel that they may not fully understand my pain, so that is why I am turning to a christian site. Thanks to all who took the time to read.

-Me
Back to top Go down
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

self introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: self introduction   self introduction EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 11:24 am

Hello Love<3. What does the name mean?

I have a lot to say and share with you, but school just started for me with the 50+ hour full-time job I have. I can come on here and post in tidbits however. I did a post on here, I think in the biblical questions and answers section about how to control our thoughts. I think that would be helpful to you. Such thoughts as those you described are really not your thoughts at all. Remember Satan or his demons can implant his thoughts to you and he wants you to think that his thoughts are your thoughts. You recall that Satan got Eve to take on his thoughts because picking and eating the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil was not Eve's idea, but Satan's. She claimed the idea when she acted on the thought, but it did not originate from her.

We are a triune people, just like God is a Triune God. People consist of a body, soul and spirit. The body is called the flesh in Scripture. The flesh is contaminated by sin and Jesus did nothing for that. The soul is our personality. The soul is what makes you unique. It is the life in you. Animals also have souls. They have personalities and they have life or the ability to eat, breathe and live. The spirit is unique to mankind. Animals do not have spirits. Job 32: 8 explains that "it is the spirit in a man, the breath of the Almighty, that gives him understanding." God breathed breath or the spirit into man, that is, Adam and Eve, God did not do that with animals. For animals, God just said let them be and they were alive with souls. But with man, He breathed a spirit from His own breath into man. Job 32: 8 says that this spirit in us gives us understanding, that is, it gives us the knowledge of the Creator Himself. Our spirits connect us to God in a unique way that animals do not have.

Jesus did not die to save our bodies. We will drop our sin-contaminated bodies and be raised new ones one day. Jesus' death and resurrection did not save our souls. Our souls are becoming saved through Christ. But what His resurrection did do, is that it changed our spirits to be perfect like His Spirit. Of this, the bible says that we are new creations in Christ Jesus. The new has come and the old is gone. We are no longer who we were, we are raised, by our faith in Jesus to be perfect beings, holy and righteous in Jesus. That part of us is perfect like Jesus. And that is who we are. You are not who you were before you got saved. Sinners without Christ still did not have their spirits changed and purified. Because of Adam, all of mankind's spirits got corrupted. But Jesus made us new creatures.

So evil thoughts are not your thoughts. Evil thoughts can only originate from the flesh in a Christian, it cannot come from the spirit in them because that has been made perfect in Christ. The flesh, again, is your body, which includes your brain by which you think, your hands by which you touch what God says don't touch, and your mouth by which profanity might come out of. Our souls choose which to listen to. We could choose to listen to the flesh, which is what Satan speaks to and tries to tempt you by, or we could choose to listen to the spirit, which has been made perfect and can only think holy thoughts from God. Just know that the flesh, Romans 6 says, is crucified with Christ, meaning it lost its power if you are a Christian. The flesh is dead in Christ. Jesus killed it and its power against you. You no longer have to abide by it as long as you know your new identity in Jesus Christ.

So with that introduction, go ahead and read the thread I wrote: How to Control our Thoughts, and maybe also, Who We are In Christ. I need to revise those a bit to correctly state in them that Jesus changed only our spirits. I incorrectly stated that He changed our spirits and souls. But He completely changed our spirits and our souls are becoming saved and that takes a lifetime of Christian living to continually be fashioned towards becoming perfect. God will complete our perfection, that is, perfect our souls, when we come into His presence in the next life. But the spirit in you is perfect. And the Holy Spirit is also in you and He is perfect as well.

My point is don't accept the thoughts of the flesh or the thoughts of Satan and his demons as your thoughts. Your thoughts are perfect. 1 John 3:9 says that the new you cannot sin. The new you is incapable of sinning because God's seed (His Spirit) remains in you. By your perfected spirit in you you cannot sin. You can only choose to sin if you claim and take on the thoughts of the flesh or of Satan. Those thoughts are dead thoughts. Satan is a defeated foe. He can only tell lies to you. Your flesh is defeated. It was crucified with Jesus and you have been raised with him so that you will no longer be slaves to sin (Romans 6:6). You have been set free from sin (Romans 6:18). Sin will not be your master because you are now under grace (Romans 6:15). Romans is a pretty good book to study. Read Romans 8 too.
Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com
Jesusismyall

self introduction Empty
PostSubject: Hello im new to this too.   self introduction EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:02 pm

I've been dealing with anxiety for about 9-10 years now. But this year it has gotten worse. I have the same feelings of hurting people too. I know I love people and I love Jesus with all i am. I also have fears of driving long distances, like if I go an hour away from my house I'm scared if I start freaking out then i start thinking "oh no it'll take me an hour to get back home and settle down" but time and time again ill have these attacks and ill settle down. I know it eventually ends but it's hard to face. I have been telling my wife that I know God will heal me from this. I've also noticed when I get less sleep it causes more anxiety. I have a fear of heights and if I look up at a tall building then my anxiety starts to kick in. I know I'm going on and on but this is the first time I've seen or heard people with my same feelings. It feels amazing to know I'm not alone. One thing I recently went thru is I thought about how the earth is just floating in space and it scared me thinking that it could just start to fall or something crazy. I believe it's my anxiety causing all of this. Just had to get it off my chest. Plus when I'm at church and I'm into praise and worship and I'm really excited its like my chest tightens and my anxiety kicks in. Plus when I have anxiety some times I gag really bad. Really hard! Thanks for listening
Back to top Go down
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

self introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: self introduction   self introduction EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 8:18 am

Hello Jesusismyall.

Peace for the Christian is an absence of the fear and an agreement of God's Word. When we agree with His Spirit, then His truth penetrates our minds and hearts and we are then able to experience the peace that Jesus said He leaves us with. He said "Peace I leave you. My peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. I give true peace." This peace, Paul says, surpasses all understanding. All we have to do is rid fear and agree with the peace Jesus gives us. Our souls must agree with His Spirit.

To achieve an absence of fear we have to stop meditating on it. This includes even fighting against it. This means that we must not even try to come up with the solutions to get rid of it. Please realize that God gave us the solution through Christ for us. He solved the conundrum for us. To try to figure out the conundrum ourselves is to fall into the trap of perpetuating the fear. There is no real answer to the conundrum that's what makes it a conundrum. Don't try to find an answer to a thought pattern that has no answers to resolve it. The end result of peace is no fear and no conundrum. To get to the end result, we must start with the end. If when we have peace, all the fear and confusion will be dropped completely, we must "simply" drop those thoughts the moment they arise in our minds. Drop the thoughts without fighting against them, agree with God's Spirit (His Word) and you will have peace.
Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

self introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: self introduction   self introduction Empty

Back to top Go down

self introduction
Page 1 of 1