Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum

Discuss your anxiety panic attacks or depression with other Christians. Find support from other Christians who are experiencing the same thing. Find answers. Pray and encourage one another through Jesus Christ.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

hi, introducing myself

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostandfound

hi, introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: hi, introducing myself   hi, introducing myself EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 6:45 pm

hi, just wanted to introduce myself and thank you all for sharing your feelings. it is such a relief to know that other Christians understand that panic disorder, ptstd (I am not a soldier, I am a woman and this is from my past), and depression is real, not a result of not trusting the Lord. I call my LostandFound because, of course, i was lost and now i'm found. I have had this my whole life, but recently, due to losing my job, home, and going bankrupt, it has come back with a vengeance. if not the Lord, i would not be here. I used to get mad at God for making me this way, now I thank Him for the medication and help He has given me. This is something i would not wish on anyone. but I keep telling myself that God has allowed this to happen for a reason and He has a plan for me. It's a physical illness and if this is what it takes me to get closer to God, then so be it. But I still don't like it at all.
Anyone else feel that way? It's amazing how it can change your whole outlook on life.
Back to top Go down
Statesman63
Admin
Statesman63

hi, introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi, introducing myself   hi, introducing myself EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 3:08 pm

lostandfound wrote:
hi, just wanted to introduce myself and thank you all for sharing your feelings. it is such a relief to know that other Christians understand that panic disorder, ptstd (I am not a soldier, I am a woman and this is from my past), and depression is real, not a result of not trusting the Lord. I call my LostandFound because, of course, i was lost and now i'm found. I have had this my whole life, but recently, due to losing my job, home, and going bankrupt, it has come back with a vengeance. if not the Lord, i would not be here. I used to get mad at God for making me this way, now I thank Him for the medication and help He has given me. This is something i would not wish on anyone. but I keep telling myself that God has allowed this to happen for a reason and He has a plan for me. It's a physical illness and if this is what it takes me to get closer to God, then so be it. But I still don't like it at all.
Anyone else feel that way? It's amazing how it can change your whole outlook on life.

Hello lostandfound. Welcome to the forum. That's a cool name.

For sure, I know that if I never had anxiety I would not be as religious as I am. God used my anxiety to bring me closer to Him. I realized early that only God can help me overcome my problem. I would not wish it on anyone either. It is a heavy load that no one understands unless they experienced it themselves. Thank God that recently He gave me a word and helped me to regain control again. Don't focus on whatever difficulties are before you. Focus on the unseen (the Kingdom and Christ) and He will help you through whatever storms come your way.
Back to top Go down
https://christian-anxiety.forumotion.com

hi, introducing myself
Page 1 of 1